Guildcenter – Interview with Mark Jacobs on Camelot Unchained
Welcome to a Realm Reborn! Final Fantasy XIV Junkies has Launched!
Guildcenter – GW2, TESO, WILDSTAR, Camelot Unchained – April 17th 2013
Cool New Stuff
- Battlegrounds are now available!
- Access Battleground Matching from anywhere in the game world by clicking on the button in the Social menu or the button under your compass.
- If you’re part of a 15-person raid group, the game matches you against other 15-person raid groups.
- If you’re alone or part of a smaller party, the game assembles a 15-person team and matches you against other randomly assembled teams.
- Your team wins the match by earning 5,000 points or having the most points when time runs out.
- You earn 5 points for killing an enemy player.
- You earn 200 points for capturing a base.
- If you control more bases than the other team, you earn additional points every second:
You earn 600 points for killing the naga BAM, 50 points for killing the rock BAM, and 10 points for killing a normal monster. The monsters also provide buffs when killed.
Become a battleground leader by selecting “Able to lead the battle” during the matching process.
- 3 points/second if you control one more base
- 5 points/second if you control two more bases
- 7 points/second if you control all three bases
Bandages, bombs, campfires, teleport scrolls, and scrolls that provide buffs do not function in battlegrounds. Food and potions that grant HP or MP or improve HP/MP regeneration likewise do not function.
Guild-versus-guild/Vanarch GvG is not active while in battlegrounds.
Your individual score will be calculated as the match goes.
- Battleground leaders can launch meteors that damage enemies and slow their movement.
- They can also make location scans that show enemies on the map.
At the battle’s end, you earn Bellicarium credits based on victory/loss and your individual score in that battle.
- 300 points for a kill
- 150 points for an assist on a kill
- 500 for capturing a base
You can also buy Bounties of the Fray for victories; they randomly provide enchantment-related consumables, battleground gear, and Muhrak Black Label gloves and boots.
You must compete in ten battlegrounds to be ranked. Battleground records are reset every 90 days, and the rankings renew every Monday morning at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time.
Battlegrounds are always available and have a ten-minute cooldown.
- Randomly assembled raids earn 80 credits if they won and 30 credits if they lost.
- Pre-assembled raids earn 35 credits if they won and 15 credits if they lost.
- You also earn 1 percent of your individual score as credits. This bonus is capped at 50 for randomly assembled raids and 30 for pre-assembled raids.
- Use the credits to buy useful items from battleground reputation vendors.